Absolutely no drugs (other than prescribed medication) or alcohol will be permitted at the gathering. We also ask that you to abstain from recreational drugs and alcohol for at least four days prior to the retreat. As we all know, drugs and alcohol are a distraction, and we need not be distracted. We need to work with a clean mind and clean body.
All participants are required to attend the entire retreat except by special circumstance and prior approval from Dr. Frances Carns. Sunday night is very important to the retreat. After tents are set up and participants are settled in there will be an Opening Fire Ceremony at 7:00 pm where we welcome our spirit guides and ancestors, and ask for their help to guide us through our journey. All participants are strongly encouraged to arrive in time to attend this ceremony.
A $ 50.00 deposit is required to reserve your space for the retreat. Registrations on hold with a $50.00 deposit are non-refundable if you choose not to attend the retreat. A $50.00 cancellation fee will be applied to refunds on all paid registrations cancelled prior to registration deadline. Paid registrations cancelled after the registration deadline will not be considered for a refund. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Outdoor camping – bring your own equipment (indoor lodgings available on request)
- Personal cell phone use allowed for emergency and absolute necessity only – expect poor to no reception
- Flashlight and batteries, sleeping bag, toiletries, towels, and bug spray
- Layers of clothing to adaptable to changes in temperature and weather conditions
- Plan for a lot of hiking – hiking boots and changes of appropriate socks are recommended
- An ankle-length skirt (women) or bathing trunks and wrap-around towel (men) for participation in Healing Lodge
- You will also need to bring a blanket you are no longer in need of for Healing Lodge
- Loose tobacco to offer Mother Earth and Sacred Fire and a drum or rattle if you likeu
- You also may bring a sacred object of your own to carry on your journey
- A notepad or journal and pen or pencil for personal reflections about your journey
- Bring ½ yard of red cloth, white ribbon, and red ribbon for your medicine bag – many gifts on the walk may be offered to you
- Bring a cooler with light foods and snacks – it is best not to eat heavy when doing healing and cleansing work
- Recommended foods include veggies, fruits, tuna fish, trail mix and yogurts
- Water will be provided along with a Closing Ceremonial Dinner on Saturday night
- The location for the retreat is 4040 Pump Station Rd, Cameron Mills NY 14820. A location map is provided below.
- The on-site contact number for emergencies is (607) 695-2398. Cell phones have limited to no reception.
- The location is approximately two hours away so participants are encouraged to car pool. Please be at Angels at Work ready to depart at 9:00 am Sunday, or plan to arrive at retreat location by 12:00 pm.