Absolutely no drugs (other than prescribed medication) or alcohol will be permitted at the gathering. We also ask that you to abstain from recreational drugs and alcohol for at least four days prior to the retreat. As we all know, drugs and alcohol are a distraction, and we need not be distracted. We need to work with a clean mind and clean body.
All participants are required to attend the entire retreat except by special circumstance and prior approval from Frances Carns. Monday night is very important to the retreat. After tents are set up and participants are settled in there will be an Opening Fire Ceremony at 7:00 pm where we welcome our spirit guides and ancestors, and ask for their help to guide us through our journey. All participants are strongly encouraged to arrive in time to attend this ceremony.
A $ 50.00 deposit is required to reserve your space for the retreat. Registrations on hold with a $50.00 deposit are non-refundable if you choose not to attend the retreat. A $50.00 cancellation fee will be applied to refunds on all paid registrations cancelled prior to registration deadline. Paid registrations cancelled after the registration deadline will not be considered for a refund. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Outdoor camping – please bring your own equipment
- Personal cell phone use allowed for emergency and absolute necessity only
- Flashlight and batteries, sleeping bag, toiletries, towels, and bug spray
- Layers of clothing to adaptable to changes in temperature and weather conditions
- Plan for a lot of hiking – hiking boots and changes of appropriate socks are recommended
- An ankle-length skirt (women) or bathing trunks and wrap-around towel (men) for participation in Healing Lodge
- You will also need to bring a blanket you are no longer in need of for Healing Lodge
- Loose tobacco to offer Mother Earth and Sacred Fire and a drum or rattle if you likeu
- You also may bring a sacred object of your own to carry on your journey
- A notepad or journal and pen or pencil for personal reflections about your journey
- Bring ½ yard of red cloth, white ribbon, and red ribbon for your medicine bag – many gifts on the walk may be offered to you
- Bring a cooler with light foods and snacks – it is best not to eat heavy when doing healing and cleansing work
- Recommended foods include veggies, fruits, tuna fish, trail mix and yogurts
- Water will be provided along with a Closing Ceremonial Dinner on Thursday night
- The new location for the retreat this year is 540 Shumway Road in Brockport. A location map is provided below.
- No carpooling is necessary this year with the new location being local with plenty of on-site parking.
- Please plan to arrive at the retreat location by 12:00 pm.